Photo via: decoratingyoursmallspace.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- our fifth house: Thinking Outside the Closet (Clothing Storage Ideas for Small Closet Owners)
- If youre looking for outdoor bar ideas or DIY gazebo plans, this “grillzebo” is perfect. Its big enough to accommodate most standard grills but small enough that it might just fit on your existing patio. Customize your own grillzebo with lighting, grill accessory storage, wine glass racks or built-in coolers. http://www.familyhandyman.com/garden-structures/grill-gazebo-plans-make-a-grillzebo/view-all
- Great DIY Projects using Old Windows. Lots of decor ideas, storage and even furniture using old windows. A great collection of inspiration.
- GREAT tutorial and ceiling design ideas!! How to install ceiling rings, or round ceiling molding for a high end look on a small budget! THIS IS GORGEOUS! I may try this DIY project 🙂
- 12 DIY Ideas for Patios, Porches and Decks • Great blogger tutorials and…
- Cubby Hole | Sneaky Storage Ideas for Teen Girls Room
- If youre going a little crazy trying to fit all your cooking accoutrements in your teeny-tiny kitchen, here are 20+ ideas for a little extra storage.
- A well-furnished bathroom is every homemakers dream. Style your bathroom with these smart bathroom storage ideas.
- I recently saw a fabulous vintage suitcase do-over. It had bold stripes painted across it and I loved it! The Lily Pad Cottage It got me thinking and googling…. googling and thinking. And heres another one I drooled over from The Concrete Cottage. The Concrete Cottage Dontcha just love those colors? And heres another one. Oakview Cottage Wow. So, my wheels started turning and my thoughts went to a small vintage suitcase I had just picked up at Goodwill for $1.99. Its not even a suitcase, really. I think it was actually an album case. I found a sticker inside it that looks like it might have come from a music store. I guess Ill never know for sure. All I do know is that its definitely old. I figured it could stand a bit of work. So I literally scrubbed it clean and decided on a color and pattern for the paint. My original idea was to recreate a grainsack pattern, but that idea went downhill pretty fast when I realized that the width of the stripes would have to be fairly substantial in order for it to be proportioned correctly on the case. But fat stripes wouldnt really look like a grainsack, now would it? So I compromised. I used the paint color I had originally planned to use, but I made the stripes fatter than you would find on a grainsack. I left that paint job for another day (and a textile of some sort, like a pillow). Out came the acrylic paint (49 cents at Hobby Lobby), masking tape ($1.00 a roll at Dollar Tree), painters tape (already had) and a small paint roller (two for $1.00) that I got from Dollar Tree. I taped the stripes off at 2, 1 and 1/2 inch respectively, with 3/4 of an inch between each stripe. I marked the stripes off with masking tape and then added some painters tape to the sides of that so there would be some extra room on each side of the stripe for the roller. I just placed the tape in one continuous line all the way around the case. Here it is after I painted the first stripe but before I peeled off the tape. And here it is finished. I wasnt thrilled with the lack of crispness (there was some bleeding) but hey, I think it all adds to the vintage charm! And I think it was a nice trial of sorts for me. In other words, vintage suitcases, look out! I think it would be fun to paint the stripes in two complimentary colors. And theres always that good old standby – white! I also wrapped the handle in jute since it was looking a bit too new (once I scrubbed it clean!) if you know what I mean. I think it added just the right touch. And I can always take it off if I change my mind. And now I get to sit back and admire my handiwork. And decide how to take advantage of its other benefit — hidden storage! Im an official vintage suitcase addict now. You can see my madness on my VINTAGE SUITCASE PINTEREST PAGE! Kathleen Ill be linking up here: OPC The Better Half 6th Annual Before and After Contest Cedar Hill Ranch ~ The Scoop Uncommon Designs~ Monday Funday Knick of Time~ Knick of Time Tuesday Homemaker on a Dime~Creative Bloggers Linky Party Sharon & Co. Be Inspired Hope Studios Tutorial Tuesday Not Just a Housewife Show Me What Ya Got Ivy and Elephants Whats It Wednesday Funky Polkadot Giraffe Too Cute Tuesday Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday No Minimalist Here The Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday
- If you’ve ever felt the excruciating pain of stepping on a Lego or spent hours putting away toys (only to repeat the next day), then you’ll appreciate these fun, stylish toy storage tips. We asked an organizational guru, a mom, and an interior designer for their best ideas.
- 38,195 points • 635 comments – Elegant & Majestic as shit! – 9GAG has the best funny pics, gifs, videos, gaming, anime, manga, movie, tv, cosplay, sport, food, memes, cute, fail, wtf photos on the internet!
- Decorate Easter Eggs With Paper Napkins Video Tutorial • The Celebration Shoppe