Photo via: ninadesigns.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Apparently. the best icing for sugar cookies. It hardens nicely so you can stack cookies but doesnt get hard like a rock. so you wont hurt your teeth. Its very tasty too and you can add different extracts to change the flavors. ***1 cup powder sugar (confectioners sugar) **1 tablespoon milk ** 1 tablespoon light corn syrup ** 1 drop lemon juice (can be fresh) This will outline and fill approximately one dozen cookies in one color.
- How to Wear Indowestern Style Saree in the DIY Way Saree is undoubtedly the most glamorous and fascinating attire. Embrace this ethnic outfit for all occasions and kiss goodbye to your saree draping woes with Utsav Fashions DIY easy-to-wear saree videos. For an Indo-chic look, check out this DIY sari draping video on How to wear an Indo-western style saree and add a contemporary twist to your saree look.
- I love simple diy projects and simple life hacks so in this tutorial I’ll show you just that! I am yet again creating DIY Easy rings and this time I have 5 braided DIY rings. 🙂 I also think Ill make it a regular monthly thing as I really enjoy coming up with new designs. They are honestly super easy to make! No kidding! It takes no time to make these DIY rings, so there is no excuse not to make them 🙂 Create your own DIY jewelry starting with a handmade ring! They only take 5…
- Using a rustic finish on your DIY projects will give your space a farmhouse-style look. Here, you will learn how to get the weathered wood look to add a special touch to your home decor. (scheduled via http://www.tailwindapp.com?utm_source=pinterest&utm_medium=twpin&utm_content=post22561170&utm_campaign=scheduler_attribution)
- Old cloth + cement = Flower pots! Can you believe how simple it is? Here is the instructions, but basically you simply take used clothes, soak them in cement water. Then drape them over a stand and let them dry. And lastly, paint them in your favorite color to get your beautiful planting pots…
- With these five ways to add lace to a denim jacket, create a soft, romantic look in place of harsh denim. From Rain Blanken, your DIY Fashion expert.
- Add some fun flair to your designs with 14 of my favorite dingbat fonts!
- Cant find the right hairstyle for your hair type and length? Tired of regular old buns and braids? Desperately want to try out something new and never seen before? Dont be afraid to experiment and mix styles! These 14 creative and original ideas will help you liven up your everyday look as well as catch everyones eye at a fancy gathering. Whats best, all of them come with easy to follow step by step instructions which means you dont need to be a style expert to do them.
- Half-up Boho Braided Bun Hair Tutorial
- Add color to your Stampin Up! Rhinestone Jewels by using a Permanent Marker to color them! Debbie Henderson, Debbies Designs
- Learn about Kate Richbourgs two favorite kinds of micro torch, how to fill butane torches, how to use them for soldering jewelry and more!
- I recently saw a fabulous vintage suitcase do-over. It had bold stripes painted across it and I loved it! The Lily Pad Cottage It got me thinking and googling…. googling and thinking. And heres another one I drooled over from The Concrete Cottage. The Concrete Cottage Dontcha just love those colors? And heres another one. Oakview Cottage Wow. So, my wheels started turning and my thoughts went to a small vintage suitcase I had just picked up at Goodwill for $1.99. Its not even a suitcase, really. I think it was actually an album case. I found a sticker inside it that looks like it might have come from a music store. I guess Ill never know for sure. All I do know is that its definitely old. I figured it could stand a bit of work. So I literally scrubbed it clean and decided on a color and pattern for the paint. My original idea was to recreate a grainsack pattern, but that idea went downhill pretty fast when I realized that the width of the stripes would have to be fairly substantial in order for it to be proportioned correctly on the case. But fat stripes wouldnt really look like a grainsack, now would it? So I compromised. I used the paint color I had originally planned to use, but I made the stripes fatter than you would find on a grainsack. I left that paint job for another day (and a textile of some sort, like a pillow). Out came the acrylic paint (49 cents at Hobby Lobby), masking tape ($1.00 a roll at Dollar Tree), painters tape (already had) and a small paint roller (two for $1.00) that I got from Dollar Tree. I taped the stripes off at 2, 1 and 1/2 inch respectively, with 3/4 of an inch between each stripe. I marked the stripes off with masking tape and then added some painters tape to the sides of that so there would be some extra room on each side of the stripe for the roller. I just placed the tape in one continuous line all the way around the case. Here it is after I painted the first stripe but before I peeled off the tape. And here it is finished. I wasnt thrilled with the lack of crispness (there was some bleeding) but hey, I think it all adds to the vintage charm! And I think it was a nice trial of sorts for me. In other words, vintage suitcases, look out! I think it would be fun to paint the stripes in two complimentary colors. And theres always that good old standby – white! I also wrapped the handle in jute since it was looking a bit too new (once I scrubbed it clean!) if you know what I mean. I think it added just the right touch. And I can always take it off if I change my mind. And now I get to sit back and admire my handiwork. And decide how to take advantage of its other benefit — hidden storage! Im an official vintage suitcase addict now. You can see my madness on my VINTAGE SUITCASE PINTEREST PAGE! Kathleen Ill be linking up here: OPC The Better Half 6th Annual Before and After Contest Cedar Hill Ranch ~ The Scoop Uncommon Designs~ Monday Funday Knick of Time~ Knick of Time Tuesday Homemaker on a Dime~Creative Bloggers Linky Party Sharon & Co. Be Inspired Hope Studios Tutorial Tuesday Not Just a Housewife Show Me What Ya Got Ivy and Elephants Whats It Wednesday Funky Polkadot Giraffe Too Cute Tuesday Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday No Minimalist Here The Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday