Photo via: google.nl
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I recently saw a fabulous vintage suitcase do-over. It had bold stripes painted across it and I loved it! The Lily Pad Cottage It got me thinking and googling…. googling and thinking. And heres another one I drooled over from The Concrete Cottage. The Concrete Cottage Dontcha just love those colors? And heres another one. Oakview Cottage Wow. So, my wheels started turning and my thoughts went to a small vintage suitcase I had just picked up at Goodwill for $1.99. Its not even a suitcase, really. I think it was actually an album case. I found a sticker inside it that looks like it might have come from a music store. I guess Ill never know for sure. All I do know is that its definitely old. I figured it could stand a bit of work. So I literally scrubbed it clean and decided on a color and pattern for the paint. My original idea was to recreate a grainsack pattern, but that idea went downhill pretty fast when I realized that the width of the stripes would have to be fairly substantial in order for it to be proportioned correctly on the case. But fat stripes wouldnt really look like a grainsack, now would it? So I compromised. I used the paint color I had originally planned to use, but I made the stripes fatter than you would find on a grainsack. I left that paint job for another day (and a textile of some sort, like a pillow). Out came the acrylic paint (49 cents at Hobby Lobby), masking tape ($1.00 a roll at Dollar Tree), painters tape (already had) and a small paint roller (two for $1.00) that I got from Dollar Tree. I taped the stripes off at 2, 1 and 1/2 inch respectively, with 3/4 of an inch between each stripe. I marked the stripes off with masking tape and then added some painters tape to the sides of that so there would be some extra room on each side of the stripe for the roller. I just placed the tape in one continuous line all the way around the case. Here it is after I painted the first stripe but before I peeled off the tape. And here it is finished. I wasnt thrilled with the lack of crispness (there was some bleeding) but hey, I think it all adds to the vintage charm! And I think it was a nice trial of sorts for me. In other words, vintage suitcases, look out! I think it would be fun to paint the stripes in two complimentary colors. And theres always that good old standby – white! I also wrapped the handle in jute since it was looking a bit too new (once I scrubbed it clean!) if you know what I mean. I think it added just the right touch. And I can always take it off if I change my mind. And now I get to sit back and admire my handiwork. And decide how to take advantage of its other benefit — hidden storage! Im an official vintage suitcase addict now. You can see my madness on my VINTAGE SUITCASE PINTEREST PAGE! Kathleen Ill be linking up here: OPC The Better Half 6th Annual Before and After Contest Cedar Hill Ranch ~ The Scoop Uncommon Designs~ Monday Funday Knick of Time~ Knick of Time Tuesday Homemaker on a Dime~Creative Bloggers Linky Party Sharon & Co. Be Inspired Hope Studios Tutorial Tuesday Not Just a Housewife Show Me What Ya Got Ivy and Elephants Whats It Wednesday Funky Polkadot Giraffe Too Cute Tuesday Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday No Minimalist Here The Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday
- My Mom passed away and I didnt want to throw away all the flowers we received. So heres the link I found for a great way to honor her memory: How to Make Funeral Flowers Into Beads
- Keep these Cheat Sheets for the Crocheter on hand to find easy tips, short cuts, and ideas for the one who loves to crochet or the one who wants to learn!
- Would you like to create your own Summer bracelet? Heres the link to the colorful DIY kits: https://www.etsy.com/listing/514040201/jewelry-diy-kit-diy-bracelet-kit-jewelry?ref=shop_home_active_3
- During our moves (renting in between), I found it hard to focus on crafts. So I am impatient to finally launch this new quilling pattern for butterflies. Varying the colors, one can easily change the type of butterfly. The monarch is easily identifiable, but would you believe a teal and brown butterfly actually exists? I…
- Apparently. the best icing for sugar cookies. It hardens nicely so you can stack cookies but doesnt get hard like a rock. so you wont hurt your teeth. Its very tasty too and you can add different extracts to change the flavors. ***1 cup powder sugar (confectioners sugar) **1 tablespoon milk ** 1 tablespoon light corn syrup ** 1 drop lemon juice (can be fresh) This will outline and fill approximately one dozen cookies in one color.
- Mini Chevron Pouch Tutorial. Heres a cute way to carry all kinds of small items. From toys to coins, little girls and women alike will find the mini chevron pouch useful for carrying things. Free purse patterns this quick and easy are hard to find – give this one a shot! sewing
- I experienced a drastic hair loss/thinning that was sudden and no cause was diagnosed. I started using the grow new hair treatment and the change has been dramatic! So many people comment on how much thicker my hair has become. pretty much back to normal. . I have never been so impressed with a product line in all by adult life! I will admit it has taken time but I honestly saw a difference after one month. I am so happy I found a natural alternative.
- This is a homemade Hobbit costume for a baby girl. As a Lord of the Rings and Hobbit fan, it just makes me happy. Get directions and see more photos here. LiveLikeYouAreRich
- Top 100 easy hairstyles for short hair photos What a effortless easy updo for the weekend, day or night♀️. And it wont get ruined by a chunky scarf! You know the Winter vs Hair problems. ✅ SORTED! . . . Photo Credit || duiting.com @pinterest hairstyles
- Ever get a great shot only to discover that you had your finger over the lens? Don’t despair; this short video shows you how to use the Clone tool to erase unwanted objects from your photo.
- How To Let Out Pants [Tutorial] : If youve ever struggled to button a pair of pants be sure to check out the Letting Out Pants tutorial. This helpful link will show you how to make pants bigger by letting out the waist. If you are a person whose weight often changes then this can be an extremely helpful trick. You dont need to go out and buy new pants if you have gained a few pounds. Keep your old pants and simply make them more comfortable by letting out the waist with these easy steps.