Photo via: thesocialhome.blogspot.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- After a long day or a hard workout, soothe sore muscles with an all-natural rub that gently warms and releases muscle tension. Made with ingredients you have in your pantry and a few essential oils, the sore-muscle salve also makes a nice massage lotion. And it smells a whole lot better than the kind you can buy at the store.
- AFFORDABLE DOLLAR STORE TRANSFORMATION: How to Easily Age Inexpensive Galvanized Planters
- What to buy at the dollar store. The top 10 dollar store buys. Sorting the trash from the treasures at the dollar store can be tedious and result in…
- Glass Pebbles from the Dollar Store create this stain glass window look. This would be fabulous in the garden with the sun beaming through. You could create a mosaic design!
- Spray paint dollar store glass candle sticks black!
- dollar store hack laudry basket into wreath makers, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, wreaths
- Step-by-step photo tutorial showing how to make a glass or wicker cake stand using items from the dollar store | InMyOwnStyle
- how to make natural looking birds nest with material from the dollar store
- Give a plain light switch cover a glittery makeover for a splash of glitzy sparkle for a teen or tweens room. Fine glitter from a craft store, rather than chunky,…
- Milk Glass Lamp Makeover – A lamp found at the thrift store gets an updated look
- I recently saw a fabulous vintage suitcase do-over. It had bold stripes painted across it and I loved it! The Lily Pad Cottage It got me thinking and googling…. googling and thinking. And heres another one I drooled over from The Concrete Cottage. The Concrete Cottage Dontcha just love those colors? And heres another one. Oakview Cottage Wow. So, my wheels started turning and my thoughts went to a small vintage suitcase I had just picked up at Goodwill for $1.99. Its not even a suitcase, really. I think it was actually an album case. I found a sticker inside it that looks like it might have come from a music store. I guess Ill never know for sure. All I do know is that its definitely old. I figured it could stand a bit of work. So I literally scrubbed it clean and decided on a color and pattern for the paint. My original idea was to recreate a grainsack pattern, but that idea went downhill pretty fast when I realized that the width of the stripes would have to be fairly substantial in order for it to be proportioned correctly on the case. But fat stripes wouldnt really look like a grainsack, now would it? So I compromised. I used the paint color I had originally planned to use, but I made the stripes fatter than you would find on a grainsack. I left that paint job for another day (and a textile of some sort, like a pillow). Out came the acrylic paint (49 cents at Hobby Lobby), masking tape ($1.00 a roll at Dollar Tree), painters tape (already had) and a small paint roller (two for $1.00) that I got from Dollar Tree. I taped the stripes off at 2, 1 and 1/2 inch respectively, with 3/4 of an inch between each stripe. I marked the stripes off with masking tape and then added some painters tape to the sides of that so there would be some extra room on each side of the stripe for the roller. I just placed the tape in one continuous line all the way around the case. Here it is after I painted the first stripe but before I peeled off the tape. And here it is finished. I wasnt thrilled with the lack of crispness (there was some bleeding) but hey, I think it all adds to the vintage charm! And I think it was a nice trial of sorts for me. In other words, vintage suitcases, look out! I think it would be fun to paint the stripes in two complimentary colors. And theres always that good old standby – white! I also wrapped the handle in jute since it was looking a bit too new (once I scrubbed it clean!) if you know what I mean. I think it added just the right touch. And I can always take it off if I change my mind. And now I get to sit back and admire my handiwork. And decide how to take advantage of its other benefit — hidden storage! Im an official vintage suitcase addict now. You can see my madness on my VINTAGE SUITCASE PINTEREST PAGE! Kathleen Ill be linking up here: OPC The Better Half 6th Annual Before and After Contest Cedar Hill Ranch ~ The Scoop Uncommon Designs~ Monday Funday Knick of Time~ Knick of Time Tuesday Homemaker on a Dime~Creative Bloggers Linky Party Sharon & Co. Be Inspired Hope Studios Tutorial Tuesday Not Just a Housewife Show Me What Ya Got Ivy and Elephants Whats It Wednesday Funky Polkadot Giraffe Too Cute Tuesday Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday No Minimalist Here The Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday
- Do YOU have space for a Walk In Pantry ? You might ! Have a look what we did