Photo via: curbly.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- I recently saw a fabulous vintage suitcase do-over. It had bold stripes painted across it and I loved it! The Lily Pad Cottage It got me thinking and googling…. googling and thinking. And heres another one I drooled over from The Concrete Cottage. The Concrete Cottage Dontcha just love those colors? And heres another one. Oakview Cottage Wow. So, my wheels started turning and my thoughts went to a small vintage suitcase I had just picked up at Goodwill for $1.99. Its not even a suitcase, really. I think it was actually an album case. I found a sticker inside it that looks like it might have come from a music store. I guess Ill never know for sure. All I do know is that its definitely old. I figured it could stand a bit of work. So I literally scrubbed it clean and decided on a color and pattern for the paint. My original idea was to recreate a grainsack pattern, but that idea went downhill pretty fast when I realized that the width of the stripes would have to be fairly substantial in order for it to be proportioned correctly on the case. But fat stripes wouldnt really look like a grainsack, now would it? So I compromised. I used the paint color I had originally planned to use, but I made the stripes fatter than you would find on a grainsack. I left that paint job for another day (and a textile of some sort, like a pillow). Out came the acrylic paint (49 cents at Hobby Lobby), masking tape ($1.00 a roll at Dollar Tree), painters tape (already had) and a small paint roller (two for $1.00) that I got from Dollar Tree. I taped the stripes off at 2, 1 and 1/2 inch respectively, with 3/4 of an inch between each stripe. I marked the stripes off with masking tape and then added some painters tape to the sides of that so there would be some extra room on each side of the stripe for the roller. I just placed the tape in one continuous line all the way around the case. Here it is after I painted the first stripe but before I peeled off the tape. And here it is finished. I wasnt thrilled with the lack of crispness (there was some bleeding) but hey, I think it all adds to the vintage charm! And I think it was a nice trial of sorts for me. In other words, vintage suitcases, look out! I think it would be fun to paint the stripes in two complimentary colors. And theres always that good old standby – white! I also wrapped the handle in jute since it was looking a bit too new (once I scrubbed it clean!) if you know what I mean. I think it added just the right touch. And I can always take it off if I change my mind. And now I get to sit back and admire my handiwork. And decide how to take advantage of its other benefit — hidden storage! Im an official vintage suitcase addict now. You can see my madness on my VINTAGE SUITCASE PINTEREST PAGE! Kathleen Ill be linking up here: OPC The Better Half 6th Annual Before and After Contest Cedar Hill Ranch ~ The Scoop Uncommon Designs~ Monday Funday Knick of Time~ Knick of Time Tuesday Homemaker on a Dime~Creative Bloggers Linky Party Sharon & Co. Be Inspired Hope Studios Tutorial Tuesday Not Just a Housewife Show Me What Ya Got Ivy and Elephants Whats It Wednesday Funky Polkadot Giraffe Too Cute Tuesday Someday Crafts Whatever Goes Wednesday No Minimalist Here The Shabby Creek Cottage Transformation Thursday
- I added sleeves to my strapless dress. It is a really simple style with a complimenting lace. I wanted the top to follow the lines of the dress but not take away from the beautiful bead work done on the Davids bridal YP3344 design. I was prepared to hand stitch it with complimenting stones and pearls but I loved the simplicity so much I left it be. Make it more modest with a nude color fabric behind it. A solid ivory would take away from the lace that gives it a simple yet elegant look.
- My turbans are the perfect accessory for those times when your hair just has a mind of its own! Tuck one into your handbag, it will come to the rescue on rainy or blustery days. Or use it as a stylish way to get away with an in-between hairstyle. Also great to keep your hair out of your face when youre at the beach or doing yoga. A really versatile piece that can be styled for different seasons. The fabric is a stretch viscose jersey which is soft and stretchy. It will stay in place and be comfortable all day. I make my turbans so that there is no seam visible from the back so that your look is flawlessly finished. Measurements: 57cm / 22.5 circumference 9cm / 3.5 at widest point (although there are two layers which can be eased apart to create a wider look, please see the items close up picture/s) Like the fabric but fancy a different style? Please see my other headbands and tie up headscarves. Or like the style but envisage a different colour or patterned fabric? Just ask! I can most likely accomodate your wishes. Please feel free to contact me with custom or wholesale enquiries – Id be happy to hear from you :o) Thanks for stopping by! xx www.chichidee.com www.chichidee.etsy.com More Turban Headbands here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChiChiDee?section_id=7319458 Back to my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChiChiDee ***IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING:*** The estimated delivery to the USA, Canada and Rest of World (Non-EU) is 5-10 WORKING days but occasionally it can take longer due to various factors, such as customs checks when the package enters your country. Please understand that these delays are out of my control. If you find yourself in this situation please be patient! It is likely that your package is just around the corner by now :o) If your package still hasnt arrived after 16 working days then you are welcome to contact me and we will work out a solution together. Packages are sent via Deutsche Post and DO NOT automatically come with a tracking number. If you would like a tracking number for your package please contact me before purchasing and I will amend the shipping costs for you (please note that packages sent via this method incur a considerably higher shipping fee). For more information please refer to my policies: http://www.etsy.com/shop/ChiChiDee/policy?ref=shopinfo_policies_leftnav
- Did you get to follow my Insta-Stories last weekend? I made the neatest DIY serving trays. The best part is that they were under $30 FOR 2 and by doing it myself, the colors were exactly what I was going for (without all the shopping around for a tray that was just the right fit)! Ya’ll I was so stoked with how these turned out…& with so many options to choose from, you can really keep it simple or go all out! I have to admit, this is probably one of my favorite DIY’s, simply because I just love that I made it and it’s so personal. Plus I can just see myself cozy in bed with one of these serving trays, a cup of tea (some cookies!) & my bible stacked on top, soft music playing, writing out my prayer cards for the week (ohh, by the way, see below to get your free copy of printable prayer cards)…ok, let me finish this post so I can hurry up and make this happen! So I’ve seen the variety that use the chalkboard paint, cute handles and even some with crown molding-and I love them all. But for this project I went with …
- I had this idea of making a desk lamp using copper, walnut and leather. I love the combination of these materials and I thought it would be really cool to create a beautiful light that I could have on my desk and use everyday.In the video I go over the process of coming up with the design for this lamp and ultimately creating it. Definitely watch the video for a much better perspective on the process and the different steps involved. For this instructable however, I decided to show simply the process of creating the ultimate design.
- With the nice weather we’ve been having I’ve really enjoyed with coming up with some ways to do crafty things outside. We had actually been using a cardboard box opened out to lean on when we did a previous painting activity and I thought it would be a great idea to pop it out in the garden and do foot prints and just get messy! I squeezed Amelia into a 6-12month vest (always handy to keep some spares for activities like this as then you can just throw them out) and got the bits…
- ABOUT THIS INVITATION: This Pink Wedding or Bridal Shower Invitation set by VG Invites comes as a DIGITAL file or you may order printed invites. Convo me for a price list if ordering printed invitations. • Dimensions Invitation: 5×7 inch Flat Card • Dimensions Response Card: 5×3.5 inch Flat Card • Invitation Shape: Bracket • RSVP Card Shape: Rounded Corners • Order Digital File to Email/Print Yourself or • Deposit For Classic Printed Invitation and RSVP (50 min) • Printed Invitations Come In beautiful eggshell matte finish • Cream Colored Envelopes and Envelope Liners are sold separately – Convo me for details. Victoria will customize your invitation with your special wording and you will receive your proof in 1-3 business days. These pretty invitations are affordable but not cheap looking. This pretty pink is the inspiration behind this delightful wedding invitation design. See what brides-to-be have written about VG Invites luxe designs: ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●♥●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● I loved this design from the first time that I saw it. Victoria was amazing to work with and my wedding invitations are beautiful! Ashley S. Exactly what I was looking for. These invitations are so pretty! –Deborah B. Excellent experience. The invitations were high quality and Victoria did all the customization I asked for. Very quick reponses every time I had a question. Thanks Victoria! Jarad G. ●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬●♥●▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● Luxurious creme envelopes pair nicely with this invitation suite and are sold separately! Convo me for details. SHOP HOURS: My shop is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday EST. Please do not think that I am ignoring you if you convo me after those hours and I dont answer. I will reply to your convos during my regular business hours. Become a fan on Facebook and Pinterest to get sneak previews of VG Invites seasonal invitation line! Thank you for visiting my shop. If you like these designs check out my other printable designs at https://www.vgluxeinvites.etsy.com ©2015, VG Luxe Invites. All rights reserved. For Unique Usage and Personal Use Only. You may not re-sell, share or copy my designs.
- Need a Valentines Day hair tutorial? Try this hair hack and youll be good to go in 10 minutes. So easy, literally anyone can do it!
- Top 100 easy hairstyles for short hair photos What a effortless easy updo for the weekend, day or night♀️. And it wont get ruined by a chunky scarf! You know the Winter vs Hair problems. ✅ SORTED! . . . Photo Credit || duiting.com @pinterest hairstyles
- With social media feeds becoming more and more noisy, email marketing has become more instrumental in reaching your audience. But, setting it all up can be a little overwhelming when you’re just starting out. There are lots of options out there for email marketing, but this guide is going to walk you through setting up …
- Beautiful high waisted long skirt with metal zipper, Sizes up to UK size 16 can be ordered in any of the fabrics shown. However, these skirts are made to measure using your unique measurements. Please include your waist (around the smallest part of your waist) and hip measurements in cm at the time of ordering; please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any problems with this. The fabric used for the skirt worn by the model is sold out but I have various fabrics in stock. Please let me know and I will send you pictures of what fabrics I currently have available.
- There is nothing like a beautiful Boho Chic Beaded Wrap Bracelet to complete a Bohemian-style outfit. Wrap bracelets are a stylish staple to dress up your everyday attire, and this easy-to-follow pattern is one of the best. This tutorial uses a mix of lovely blue beads, so you can clear out your bead stash while creating a DIY beaded bracelet you will adore. Even if your style is more traditional than Bohemian, you will love wearing these beautiful shades of blue on your wrist. The Boho Chic …